ACCTING aims to understand the impact of Green Deal policies on vulnerable groups, prevent inequalities, and produce knowledge and innovations to advance behavioural change at individual and collective levels for an inclusive and equal European Green Deal. This bottom-up initiative was collected by Martin Felix Gajdusek within ACCTING’s mapping of inspiring practice cases, within the Suistainable Mobility research lines. Read our report on all 693 mapped initiatives.
Veloevolution is a dynamic discussion platform and grassroots organization dedicated to promoting environmentally friendly modes of transport, with a particular emphasis on bicycle riding. It also takes an active role in open discussions concerning establishing relevant infrastructure for cycling.
A movement that empowers sustainable transportation choices:
The initiative aims to achieve the following:
- Facilitate the creation of legal and infrastructural facilities for safe cycling conditions.
- Create prerequisites for effective dialogue and cooperation between interested citizens and civil groups, businesses, media, and institutions to optimize the existing transport networks
- Enhance street safety for cyclists by implementing measures that mitigate risks and raise awareness among all road users.
- Promote bicycle transport as a more accessible, healthy and ecological alternative mode of transportation
- Stimulate the establishment of a culture of equality and tolerance among all road traffic participants
- Support cyclists and cycling associations from different settlements and unite them in various events, including resilience to pandemic restriction
- Carry out activities related to the sustainable development of transport
More inspiring initiatives
ATIX Mulher (Brazil) is the female branch of the Indigenous ... Read More
#BIKEYGEES is a remarkable initiative that aims to empower refugee ... Read More
Bike Kitchen Brno is an open community bike workshop, voluntary ... Read More
The Living Lab Experiment at Griesplatz in Graz involves engaging ... Read More
Zilveren Linten, commissioned by the District of Antwerp, is an ... Read More
The ride-sharing bench is centrally located on the village street, ... Read More
Village Point originated in small villages where all local shops had ... Read More
The Bike Hub, in collaboration with various partners, operates ... Read More
Starting in 2012, in the municipality of São Félix do Xingu, in ... Read More
The initiative focuses on creating employment opportunities in the ... Read More