ACCTING aims to understand the impact of Green Deal policies on vulnerable groups, prevent inequalities, and produce knowledge and innovations to advance behavioural change at individual and collective levels for an inclusive and equal European Green Deal. This bottom-up initiative was collected by Martin Felix Gajdusek within ACCTING’s mapping of inspiring practice cases, within the Suistainable Mobility research lines. Read our report on all 693 mapped initiatives.
Veloevolution is a dynamic discussion platform and grassroots organization dedicated to promoting environmentally friendly modes of transport, with a particular emphasis on bicycle riding. It also takes an active role in open discussions concerning establishing relevant infrastructure for cycling.
A movement that empowers sustainable transportation choices:
The initiative aims to achieve the following:
- Facilitate the creation of legal and infrastructural facilities for safe cycling conditions.
- Create prerequisites for effective dialogue and cooperation between interested citizens and civil groups, businesses, media, and institutions to optimize the existing transport networks
- Enhance street safety for cyclists by implementing measures that mitigate risks and raise awareness among all road users.
- Promote bicycle transport as a more accessible, healthy and ecological alternative mode of transportation
- Stimulate the establishment of a culture of equality and tolerance among all road traffic participants
- Support cyclists and cycling associations from different settlements and unite them in various events, including resilience to pandemic restriction
- Carry out activities related to the sustainable development of transport
More inspiring initiatives
This initiative brings together social researchers and educational ... Read More
The Austrian Red Cross and Hitradio Ö3 founded Team Austria (original: Read More
“Linava” is the Lithuanian national association of motor carriers. One Read More
SoulRiders is a community-led charitable organisation based in the ... Read More
As life expectancy continues to rise, the Nordic region is seeing a ... Read More
The Stichting Zonnebus Cuijk uses an electric bus to transport elderly Read More
ATIX Mulher (Brazil) is the female branch of the Indigenous ... Read More
#BIKEYGEES is a remarkable initiative that aims to empower refugee ... Read More
Bike Kitchen Brno is an open community bike workshop, voluntary ... Read More