ACCTING aims to understand the impact of Green Deal policies on vulnerable groups, prevent inequalities, and produce knowledge and innovations to advance behavioural change at individual and collective levels for an inclusive and equal European Green Deal. This bottom-up initiative was collected by Blanca Callen Moreu within ACCTING’s mapping of inspiring practice cases, within the diversity and Farm to Fork research lines. Read our report on all 693 mapped initiatives.
Col-lectiu Eixarcolant, Spain
The Col-lectiu Eixarcolant aims to promote a more sustainable, ethical and fair model of food production, distribution and consumption, and socio-economic development by recovering edible wild species and traditional agricultural varieties.
Recovering edible wild species and traditional agricultural varieties:
To advance in the transformation of the agri-food and socio-economic model through the recovery and valorization of wild edible species and traditional agricultural varieties, the initiative operates on the following lines of action:
- Recovering the traditional varieties and wild edible species and selling them (more than 600 edible and traditional species and more than 200 traditional fruit trees)
- Promoting territorial dynamism, generation of synergies and social transformation
- Transferring knowledge.
- Preparing informative material and disseminating training for all kinds of audiences (More than 300 informative activities per year)
- Providing consultancy for agricultural, business, food and gastronomy
- Developing Manual tools to improve the efficiency of small-scale agriculture
- Developing food products based on wild species and traditional agricultural varieties.
- Naturalizing the management of green spaces in urban areas
- Promoting environmentally sustainable and non-sustainable food values depending on culture (countries), age groups, gender, or key vulnerable groups.
- Valorising species that help to change the consumption and agri-food model based on sustainability and proximity
- Publishing three books containing more than 88 edible wild plants
More inspiring initiatives
ATIX Mulher (Brazil) is the female branch of the Indigenous ... Read More
#BIKEYGEES is a remarkable initiative that aims to empower refugee ... Read More
Veloevolution is a dynamic discussion platform and grassroots ... Read More
Bike Kitchen Brno is an open community bike workshop, voluntary ... Read More
The Living Lab Experiment at Griesplatz in Graz involves engaging ... Read More
Zilveren Linten, commissioned by the District of Antwerp, is an ... Read More
The ride-sharing bench is centrally located on the village street, ... Read More
Village Point originated in small villages where all local shops had ... Read More
The Bike Hub, in collaboration with various partners, operates ... Read More
Starting in 2012, in the municipality of São Félix do Xingu, in ... Read More